Lamination provides a durable way to preserve your documents, providing long-term protection without the need for climate control or other special protective measures.
Lamination enhances almost any type of printed material, giving your materials a higher quality, professional look which can improve your business image and help bring in more sales leads
- Laminated materials can be reused; they are wipe clean and waterproof
- Valuable graphics are protected from spills and from chemicals
- Strengthens documents; ideal for posters and signs
- Create identification badges; for employees and visitors
- Protects form the weather; ideal for external signage
- Improves the appearance of materials; deepens and brightens colours, enhances the contrast
- Provides a varity of finishes;gloss and matt pouches are available
- Eliminates creases and wrinkles; provides a perfect finish
Hot pouch laminators are the most common type of laminator. They use heated rollers to apply laminating film or a laminating pouch. Laminating also enhances the colours of inkjet or laser prints as well as photographs and other documents, yielding a professional end result. Given the thermal based technology, it’s worth highlighting that laminators can be sensitive to the quality of the laminating pouch. Some poorer quality pouches on the market cannot take the heat generated and will jam the machine. Unless you’re sure of quality, this is a technology where it’s best to use branded pouches if you can.
‘Roll’ laminators are heavy duty machines commonly used in schools and print shops. This method is really for high volume lamination and for posters, large documents etc. Most models use two separate rolls of lamination film and laminate the top and bottom of the document separately
The laminating pouches themselves are available in a wide variety of widths and thicknesses from ID card size right up to A3 size. The thicker the laminating film, the stiffer and more durable the finished document. Some pouches are identified as ‘low melt’, these require less heat and are used for laminating materials that are sensitive to high temperatures, such as photographs.
Offering numerous laminating possibilities with minimal adjustment in a user-friendly design
- 100% Jam Free
- Advanced temperature control
- Carrier free
- Ready light and/or beep
- Designed to be portable and easy to use
For quick answers to your Laminator questions you can speak to our team of product advisors on
FREEPHONE 0800 0141752